The weatherproof VDS modem for outdoor assembly enables access to a mobile machine via the Internet and helps to locate and to observe the machine from a distance. It can be used for remote diagnosis and remote servicing, for data recording, fleet management or as a server based data logger.
The modem transfers the machine data obtained via CAN or EIA-232 (RS-232) to a server, using the GSM mobile phone network. Aerials for GSM and GPS are already installed, as well as a GPS receiver and a SIM chip. That makes it easy to set up the connection to the machine and to integrate the VDS modem into the machine environment. In addition to the modem the complete data service with corresponding software, database and portal is available.
- Robust housing with cable protection conduit, protection category IP67, IP69K
- Electronics moulded
- Wireless interfaces with integrated aerials:
1 communication via GSM/GPRS quad-wavelength,
1 position determination via GPS
- Connections: M12 8-pin for power supply and interfaces
- EIA-232 (RS-232) and CAN interface supporting 29-bit CAN-ID
- Power supply: 6 V to 32 V (UB)
- Micro-controller: AT91SAM9263/200 MHz
- Memory: 256 MiB NAND Flash, 64 MiB SDRAM
- Activation input
- LED red/green
- Operating temperature range: -40 °C to 85 °C
- Overvoltage protection, reverse pole protection, watchdog